The world’s leading financial services conference Sibos will be held in Singapore this year from 12 to 15 October. Barclays will be exhibiting at the event, and we have a number of speaking slots focusing on developments within KYC, blockchain cryptocurrency, digital identity and diversity.
Meet with us
Senior representatives from across our Product and Relationship teams will be present at Sibos and will be delighted to meet with you at our stand (M24). They are available to discuss your transactional banking requirements and the solutions we have to support you.
On the stand, we’ll also be profiling the work of our Design Office and digital initiatives with Rise and the Barclays Accelerator. These initiatives demonstrate how technology is forming a key role in our solutions.
The Barclays booth will have four separate client meetings, plus four open seating areas and our popular coffee bar and barista. To book a meeting with us at the conference, please click below.
Hear from us
The conference will present us with the chance as an industry to gather and debate the key challenges and opportunities we see on a daily basis and help to determine our longer-term strategies.
We are pleased to advise that Barclays will be presenting four speaking slots at the conference, plus a workshop as part of the Standards Forum:
- Simon Taylor, Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Subject Matter Expert, will be speaking at the “New kids on the block(chain) platform” on Monday 12 October. The session will focus on crytocurrencies and its gradual mainstream emergence. In addition, distributed ledger use cases and taxonomy for distributed ledger technologies will also be discussed
- Julie Evans, Managing Director, CIO PCB Asia and BTCI, will share her thoughts at “Technology and talent: What’s needed to strengthen your workforce?” on Monday 12 October. The session will look at many of the top concerns for senior IT and Operations managers in the financial services industry, including globalisation, mobility and talent management
- David Scola, Head of Banks in the Financial Institutions Group, will speak at the session “Utilities: A year on”, on Tuesday 13 October, as part of the Compliance Forum. The discussion will focus on the industry’s engagement and support of the financial crime compliance utilities model and the challenges that remain
- Usama Fayyad, Chief Data Officer Group and CIO Risk, Finance & Treasury Technology, will be a speaker at the “Spotlight on digital ID” Technology Forum on Tuesday 13 October. The session will focus on the key challenges and opportunities in the field of digital identity, essential for any form of e-business
- Cheryl Buss, Head of Global Clients Africa will be a panellist at the “Reframing the Debate: Shattering the Mirrortocracy” Diversity Workshop on Tuesday 13 October. The workshop will focus on the ways financial services companies can create and sustain a diverse talent pipeline, and will include a discussion on gender targets and affirmative action without bias.
12 – 15 October 2015
Sands Expo and Convention Centre
Marina Bay Sands
We look forward to seeing you in Singapore.
To view this article in PDF