Nicholas Skytland, program manager for NASA’s Open Innovation Program, has trained astronauts for space walks in a pool the size of a football field on mock space stations, helped plot moon missions and works on open government and big data use. He is heading to Sydney on 16 & 17 November 2016 for The Data Forum, where he will be joined by global experts in data and analytics to discuss the leading issues in the industry.
Under the theme of Informing Innovation, this event is designed to explore the potential for data to transform industries and foster innovation. The Data Forum will inspire delegates to discover the different benefits of data analytics including customercentricity, revenue growth and competitive advantage.
This is a prime opportunity for professionals to immerse themselves into two days of learning and networking in order to unlock the ways data can inform and transform business and government.
Confirmed speakers for 2016 include:
- Mohammad ShokoohiYekta, Data Scientist, Apple (USA)
- Beena Ammanath, Executive Director, Data Science Products & Delivery, General Electric Company (USA)
- Nicholas Skytland, Data Evangelist, NASA (USA)
- Usama Fayyad, Chief Data Officer Group Managing Director, CIO Risk, Finance & Treasury Technology, Barclays (UK)
- Christophe Durand, Head of Cyber Strategy, INTERPOL Global Complex For Innovation (SG)
- Dr Ian Oppermann, CEO and Chief Data Scientist, NSW Data Analytics Centre
- Howard Seccombe, Chief Digital Officer, Roy Morgan Research
- Andrew Reid, General Manager, Data Analytics & Insights, Ticketek Australia
- Angela Goodsir, Chief Technology and Systems Operations Officer, MCN
- Yorgos Moschovis, Director, Data & Audience Insights, Fairfax Media
- Darren Abbruzzese, General Manager, Data, ANZ Bank
- Darren McMurtrie, Performance Analysis Manager, Tennis Australia
- Warwick Graco, Analytics Advocate
- John Young, La Trobe University
- Dr Warren Kaplan, Chief of Informatics, Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Rajesh Govindan, Head of Sales and Marketing Analytics, AMP Capital
- Pieter van der Merwe, Chief Information Security Officer, Woolworths Group
- Amity Durham, Executive Director, Family & Community Services & Service Innovation, Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Marion Burchell, Executive Director, Policy and Governance, Office of the Government Chief Information Officer
Further information, including online registration, is available at dataforum.com.au or by contacting Connect
Events on 02 8004 8590.