Date and time: November 5, 2.15PM.
Abstract: Unstructured Data and the BigData platforms force a disruptive change that left most enterprises in a major Data Chaos. The combination of economic drivers in enterprise computing, the need to leverage semi-structured and unstructured Data, and the emergence of the Internet of Things (IOT) is driving a dramatic shift in the Enterprise Data landscape. Hadoop and the Open Source have accelerated the changes to a point of confusion. Today’s business data analyst faces a bewildering environment of technologies and challenges involving semi-structured and unstructured data with access methodologies that have almost no relation to the past. An equal confusion is faced by IT and business users. In the meantime, the ability to drive significant business value from “Data Assets” has never been greater. This talk will cover:
1. Why is BigData different and Economic drivers for change in storage technology
2. Issues and challenges in how to make the benefits of advanced analytics fit within the application environment.
3. The requirement for Real-time data streaming and analysis is stronger than ever.
4. Why Data Science and several related fields become critical to almost all future analytical tasks.
5. How every company is becoming a BigData company, even the smallest of organizations
6. 4 real case studies to demonstrate and discuss the challenges and the great opportunities for BigData and Data Science.
Event: Open Data Science Conference, Santa Clara | November 4-6, 2016
Visit ODSC online.