Big data is big news, and we couldn’t be more excited for Structure:Data, which will be held in New York City on March 21–22. We’re kicking off GigaOM’s 2012 conference season with two packed days of panels, fireside chats and the launch of our signature GigaOM Pro Mapping Sessions (read on for more information about how you can participate).
Here are three reasons we’re excited about Structure:Data.
1. The people. Our speaker lineup brings together some of the most innovative thinkers and tinkerers in the tech sector and beyond, including:
- R. James Woolsey, President Clinton’s former head of Central Intelligence, talks about why he’s investing in big data
- Ussama Fayyad will draw upon his 20+ years of experience in the big data sector to map the frontiers of big data
- Mike Olson, the CEO of Cloudera, talks about his company’s successes and challenges as an early pioneer in the deployment of Hadoop
2. The ideas. We’re looking beyond big data’s role in the tech sector. How can big data be used to shake up finance, social services and science?
- Google’s former CIO Douglas Merrill, who is now the founder and CEO of ZestCash, wants to give loans to those without credit histories. Could you disrupt and reinvent an arcane industry through data mining?
- Los Alamos has the biggest and best of everything. Especially computers. Hear from Gary Grider, the deputy division leader of the HPC division, about the lab’s insights into big data compute architectures.
- Big data is not the big issue. Making real-time decisions from that big data is. Find out more as former NASA Mars mission scientist Alexander Gray applies spacecraft control technology to gaining real-time insights from data.
3. The Mapping Session: Hadoop in the enterprise. We’re excited to launch this exclusive event for GigaOM Pro subscribers attending Structure:Data. GigaOM Pro Research Director Jo Maitland will lead this intimate, 40-person session, which includes some of the leading thinkers in the cloud space. The session will interactively capture real-time market analysis to:
- Identify and weight major disruption vectors in the Hadoop and enterprise space
- Identify and evaluate key players in the startup and establishment spheres
- Produce a predictive analysis of likely disruptors and disrupted companies
- Identify future milestones
- Establish actionable next steps
Not registered yet? Tickets to Structure:Data are selling fast. Remember, GigaOM Pro subscribers receive a 25 percent discount on all GigaOM conferences. To register for Structure:Data and RSVP for the Mapping Session in one easy step, click here. For more information about the Mapping Session, contact GigaOM Pro community manager Connie Hwong.
Author: Connie Hwong