The Exchange Format
To ensure the Chief Data Officer Exchange offers the highest degree of relevancy, only senior executives responsible for the design, development and delivery of their data strategies and solutions are invited to attend. This exclusive format allows you to connect with those peers whose insights you respect most – through exceptional networking, business meetings and strategic information sharing sessions.
Please fill in an invitation application form to see if you qualify, or if you provide a leading product or service to this market please download the Solution Provider Information Pack to see if there is an opportunity for you to be a part of this unique meeting.
As a leading executive in this market, we understand that your tome is valuable, which is why at the Chief Data Officer Exchange you will customise your own itinerary to reflect you current initiatives, priorities and future strategic objectives. Your agenda will be made up of conference sessions, one-to-one business meetings, interactive Think Tank discussions, and other innovative networking opportunities.
Building on the success of the CDO Series, we are once again working with a leading group of experts from across the glove, to compile an impressive peer-to-peer faculty, with brand new case studies from some of the largest and most cutting edge corporations.
What distinguishes this event from others?
The Chief Data Officer Exchange is not a typical conference and there are some key distinguishing features the provide you with a truly unique forum in which to participate:
- Attendance is exclusive – Participation is strictly limited to senior executives from leading corporations to facilitate true peer-level networking for our delegation and speakers.
- Strategic conference sessions – The intellectual content of the conference programme is specifically designed for the seniority and maturity of the participants and has been developed following 9 months of in-depth research.
- An itinerary customised to your current business objectives – Exchange participants customise their agendas by selecting conference sessions, Think Tanks and one-to-one meetings with solution providers that they are most interested in meeting and networking with.
- One-to-one business meetings – The business meetings provide an exceptional opportunity for event participants to assess the solutions and services that are available to help them achieve their business objectives. For a full list of the solution providers participating please visit our solution provider’s page.
Meet the Speakers
Hugo D’Ulisse, Head of Information Management, SAS UKI
- Jayant Prabhu, Global Practice Head, Big Data Analytics, Wipro
- Anne Buff, Principal Business Solutions Manager, SAS
- David Grant, Chief Data Officer, Lloyds Banking Group
- Steven Pimblett, Chief Data Officer, Betsson Group
- Hugues Le Bars, Chief Data Officer, Neopost
- Alexandr Seleznyov, Chief Architect, Director, Big Data and Analytics, Teliasonera
- Matthew Keylock, Director of Data Insight, Net A Porter
- Roberto Maranca, Managing Director – Enterprise Data Leader, GE Capital
- Richard Withers, Head of Data Governance – Aldermore
- Lorraine Stone, UK Country Director, Telefonica Dynamic Insights
- Rob Winters, Head of Business Intelligence, TravelBird
- Mike Vessey, Head of Data Governance, RBC Capital Markets
- Luc Gerretsen, Head of Business Intelligence, BillPay
- Simon Gratton, Former CDO, Zurich Insurance
- Usama Fayyad, Chief Data Officer – Group Managing Director, Barclays
- Simon Gregory, Director – Strategic Alliances & Business Development – EMEA, Hortonworks
- Simon Wright, Data Governance Lead, Sky
- Noam Reininger, SVP, Data as a Service & Data Management Solutions, Dun & Bradstreet
- Bert Oosterhof, Field CTO and Advisor, EMEA, Trifacta
- Yann Bonduelle, Partner, PWC
Agenda – Wednesday 16th March 2016
07.30 – 08.30 Registration and Networking Coffee
How does this work? You will be greeted at registration by the Exchange team who will run through your personal schedule for the Exchange. Take this time to break the ice with some of your fellow Chief Data Officers and identify which of your peers in attendance are facing similar challenges to you.
07.45 – 08.30 Breakfast Briefing: Building a Centralised Data Strategy: Is it a Cultural or Technical Issue?
Embedding data into the DNA of any business is a top priority for all Chief Data Officers. However, ensuring that all departments drive data led decision making is a big challenge. Breaking down data silos and bringing data to the forefront of business strategy requires a clear vision, a compelling story and a big cultural change. And this all needs to stem from the CDO.
How does it work? The early morning breakfast briefing will kick-start the day with opportunities for learning, sharing of ideas, lively debate and networking. Breakfast is served at 07.45am with a presentation followed by an interactive session between panellists and the audience.
08:30 – 08:35 Event Welcome
Opening Video and Welcome from the Exchange
08:35 – 08:45 Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
08:45 – 09:15 Keynote APAC Case Study: Reducing Friction with Other C-suite Executives Putting Data at the Heart of Your Business Strategy Charles Cai, Chief Data Officer, Wanda Group
09:15 – 09:45 Case Study: Establishing a Multi-Speed Data Delivery Organisation Simon Gratton, Former CDO, Zurich Insurance
09:45 – 10:15 Keynote Address: Coping with a Changing Big Data Landscape: The Barclays Persepcitve Usama Fayyad, Chief Data Officer – Group Managing Director, Barclays
10:15 – 10:45 Sponsor Case Study: Reserved for PWC
10:50 – 11:20 One-to-One Business Meetings & Networking
11:25 – 11:55 One-to-One Business Meetings
Think Tank: The Data Inspired Enterprise Noam Reininger, SVP, Data as a Service & Data Managemtn Solutions, Dun & Bradstreet
Building the Business Vision for Data Transformation and Innovation
12:00 – 12:30 Sponsor Case Study: Reserved for SAS
12:30 – 13:10 Interactive CDO Panel Discussion: How do you Turn Big Data into Big Bucks?
Moderated By: Ian West, VP-Analytics & Information Management UK&I, Cognizant David Grant, Chief Data Officer, Lloyds Banking Group Jose Garcia Moreno-Torres, Chief Data Officer, Kreditech Holding Steven Pimblett, Chief Data Officer, Betsson Group Hugues Le Bars, Chief Data Officer, Neopost
Senior Representative, Hortonworks
13:10 – 14:00 Networking Lunch
14:00 – 14:30 One-to-One Business Meetings Think Tank: Increasing the Speed, Agility and Value-Creation of Analytics Through the CDO Office Simon Gratton, Former CDO, Zurich Insurance
14:35 – 15:05 One-to-One Business Meetings & Networking
15:10 – 15:40 Retail Case Study: Revolutionising your Business by Innovating and Making Data Sexy Matt Keylock, Director of Data Insight, Net A Porter
Telco Case Study: Achieving Business Optimisation Through Data Governance in the Connected Enterprise Simon Wright, Data Governance Lead, Sky
15:40 – 16:20 Cross-Industry Panel Discussion: Uncovering Deeper Insights Through Data and Driving Real Business Value Led By: Robert Winters, Head of Business Intelligence., Travelbird Luc Gerretsen, Head of Business Intelligence, Billpay Senior Representative, Trifacta
Financial Services Case Study: Bridging the Gap Between Data, Technology and Business Strategy Roberto Maranca, Managing Director – Enterprise Data, GE Capital
16:25 – 16:55 One-to-One Business Meetings & Networking
17:00 -17:30 One-to-One Business
Meetings Think Tank: The No Pain Route to Analytics! Jayant Prabhu, Global Practice Head – Big Data Analytics, Wipro
17:35 – 18:05 Working Group Roundtable Discussions: Building a Profitable Data-Led Business
How does it work? All roundtables will take place at the same time and each will be led be an industry expert. Simply choose the roundtable topic of most interest to you and join in the discussion!
These sessions are open, informal and a great opportunity to really gauge what your peers are planning and to share ideas and lessons learned. You will walk away with tangible ideas on how to solve your biggest challenges.
1) What Process Changes are Required to Drive Data Led Transformation? Richard Withers, Head of Data Governance, Aldemore
2) Where is the True Value of Big Data? What Data Strategies Will Deliver the Best ROI? Mike Vessey Head of Data Governance RBC Capital Markets
3) How can you Support Your I.T. Function to Build a Robust Data Infrastructure?
Roberto Maranca Managing Director – Enterprise Data, GE Capital
4) How can you Enhance the Customer Experience Through Advanced Data Analysis? Lorraine Stone UK Country Director Telefonica Dynamic Insights
5) Sponsor Roundtable One
6) Sponsor Roundtable Two
18.05 – 18:10 Chair’s Closing Remarks
18:10 – 20:00 CDO Exchange 2016 Evening Networking Reception and Evening Entertainment
How to Monotise Your Data? 7 Simple Solutions